Honor cords represent an exciting time in the life of a high-school or college graduate, but for a student, teacher, academic advisor, or school administrator, you have more important things to worry about come graduation ceremony time. If you want great looking tassels that arrive on time, without any surprises, you found them!
From teachers with small groups of students and a few graduation cords to universities with an entire graduating class to recognize, we will make sure your honor cord isn't something to worry about.
School Administrators and Special Considerations
Do your upcoming graduates need honor cords or graduation cords for their graduation ceremony? If you work with an educational institution, you need to purchase a large quantity of cords, or have special purchasing restrictions, don't worry, we've got you covered!
- Pay with purchase orders by entering your official school PO number instead of a credit card.
- We ship internationally.
- Custom orders (100+ units, ETA 60 days) and volume pricing available.
Additional recognition cord colors (other than what is listed on our website) can be arranged for bulk or recurring orders or for extended purchase contracts in cases where enough advance notice is provided with a minimum order quantity of just 100 units.
Honor cords are symbolic of a student's achievements throughout their academic career, from freshman year all the way until the day you receive a diploma at the convocation assembly. either through accomplishing a certain grade point average (honor cords are often given to university undergraduates who obtained a minimum cumulative GPA in their undergraduate studies), being a member of a particular honor society or club, or graduating from a particular school or department within the institution that grants graduation cords as keepsakes for that degree program.
Cords are available in three styles, including 150+ colors or color combinations. All cords are approximately 70 inches long with a 1/4 inch diameter. Tassels are each approximately 4" in length, making up a total of 8" of the 70" cord length.
- Single cord (1 color 1 cord): as highlighted in the image above, we offer a variety of honor cord colors including gold, antique gold, yellow, orange, burnt orange, purple, royal blue, navy blue, light blue, green, dark green (or forest green), bright green (also 'kelly green'), silver, white, black, pink, rose pink, red, and maroon. Some honors societies may have specific honor society cord colors that they use.
Braided graduation cords (2 colors 1 cord): are single cords with multiple colors twisted or braided together. The most popular color options for a braided grad cord are royal blue with white; royal blue with gold; red, white & blue; red with silver, red with black; black with red; gold with green; bright green with white; and black, red & gold. See our example of cord color combinations, below.
Pricing for braided honor cords and single color cords is identical.
- Double-tied cords (2 cords, can be single, braided, or both): any graduation cord can be combined with any other as a double-tied cord. Double-tied cords cost twice as much as single or braided cords.
- Highest-quality honor cord, money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason you can cancel your order and return the cords to us for your money back. If the return was for a reason other than a mistake on the part of Honors Graduation for cords or any faulty or defective product, the cost of shipping both ways will be handled by the purchaser. All cords, defective or otherwise, must be returned within 7 days to qualify for our money-back guarantee.
- Cord colors shown above are intended as a guide but may display differently depending on your monitor, web browser, or system settings.
There are two main distinctions between cords; single color or twisted (2 or more colors), and double or single tied. Although there are no formal distinctions or traditions associated with a particular style over another, each school may choose to have graduates use double-tied cords over single-tied. While there is no distinction in price between colors or twisted/braided cords, double-tied cords are generally a more expensive option. Honor student cords are usually used during graduations by members of an honors society, fraternity or sorority, or department/school. Most graduation ceremonies will distinguish their summa cum laude, magna cum laude, and cum laude awards with the special honor cord worn around the neck at graduation or commencement events.
If you think you can beat a rate you found on our website, call us, we'd love to talk to you!
Graduation ropes or honor cords for honor societies & graduates.